Wednesday, October 26, 2016
The Library’s expansion and renovation design has won an award for design excellence from our regional chapter of the American Institute of Architects. The award was presented in October. We are still awaiting final approval of all the architectural plans from the New York State Education Department. We are still searching for a temporary location and continue our major weeding process. Please contact Library Director, Thomas Bazzicalupo, at 785-6260 ext. 301 if you have any questions about the Library’s expansion/renovation project
Monday, September 26, 2016
On Thursday October 27th 10AM-2PM, Rite Aid will provide the pneumonia and flu vaccinations here at the library. Please call the reference librarians 516-785-6260 x318 or 319 to choose a time frame which fits into your schedule.
Most health insurance policies will cover the full cost of the vaccinations. Please have health insurance information available the day of the program.
Monday, September 12, 2016
Thursday, August 18, 2016
ROKU is a small device which you connect to your television to view an assortment of movies in the comfort of your home.
- You must have WiFi access (at Your location) and an open HDMI port on your HDTV
- You can only view movies that are in the library's VUDU account. You cannot access any other streaming service such as Netflix with this device.
- You cannot use your own ROKU stick or any other type of stick or smart device to access this service.
- If you have a Smart TV you cannot access the library VUDU account without the ROKU stick.
- ROKU sticks will go out for 7 days and are not renewable. The fines are $2.00 per day . There are 3 components that circulate (ROKU Stick, a remote and a cable). All 3 must be returned or there is a charge of $25.00 added to your account.
- Patrons must be 17 and over to check out a ROKU stick.
- New movies will be added on a continuous basis.
- Must be returned to the Circulation Desk (No Book or Media Drop)
- Patrons cannot alter any settings (other than network), or tamper with the ROKU stick in any way. Patrons will be fined $10.00 if they change any settings or remove channels on the device.
- Patrons cannot purchase movies or add any other content to the ROKU.
- The ROKU will be examined upon return. Charges will be added to the patron's account for any damage found.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Do you wonder what to read next? NextReads is an email newsletter that delivers great book suggestions right to your inbox. You can choose from over 20 genres. For younger family members, there are Picture Books, Kids' Books, Tween Reads and Teen Scene newsletters. From The New York Times Nonfiction Bestsellers (delivered weekly) to Romance (delivered monthly) to Mind and Body Fitness (delivered bi-monthly) and everything in-between, each new or vintage title has a picture of the cover, a brief description and a link to the Library's catalog, so you can see if a book is available and place a request immediately. If you are already receiving NextReads, you can add additional genres to your list. It's easy to subscribe.
You do not need a library card to subscribe, only an email address. However, a library card is needed to place a reserve. NextReads will help you find the kind of books you'll enjoy for many hours of satisfying reading.
Sign up is easy. Just click here!
Monday, June 15, 2015
Bring the North Bellmore Library with you!!!
Friday, January 30, 2015
Bestsellers Club and you will automatically be placed on the hold list for any 5 of the popular authors you choose. While we can't guarantee how near the top of the list you will be, it's one less thing you'll have to do. Tell us those authors whose new books you want to read. We'll add your name to the waiting list and contact you when the book is ready to check out. Pick up is at the North Bellmore Library only.